WORKING FOR APASSION
We have now completed our recruitment for the 2016/17 winter season. However, if you are interested in applying for the 2017/18 season then please get in touch.
Each year we look to hire an experienced couple to manage and operate all aspects of our second chalet, Chalet ALLURE, for the winter ski season.
The couple must be highly motivated, well presented, prepared to meet the needs of the most demanding of guests and always operate calmly under pressure to deliver a high-quality service.
Given the focus on high-end cuisine, one of the couple should be an experienced chef with experience of producing high quality food in a restaurant or chalet environment. They should be comfortable catering for up to 11 people, 6 mornings and evenings per week.
The other member of the couple should ideally have had front of house experience in the hospitality industry or at least held roles in client-facing positions during their professional career.
Key Role Responsibilities
The chef will be responsible for:
- planning, preparing and delivering a 6 day menu covering breakfast (including hot-option), afternoon tea cake, canapés and 3-course evening meal,
- providing suitable meal options for children’s high tea,
- catering for any guest dietary requirements,
- managing the weekly shopping, best utilizing local stores and external suppliers,
- working within the weekly budget,
- minimizing wastage,
- managing the kitchen and store room, maintaining high standards of cleanliness and following correct food hygiene procedures,
- supporting the host with the cleaning and preparation of the chalet on changeover days and daily clean as required.
The chalet manager will be responsible for:
- welcoming guests as the face of APASSION and offering exceptional customer service to guests during their stay,
- daily and weekly running of the chalet maintaining the high standards advertised,
- hosting and preparation for meal-times, including table setting and serving pre-dinner drinks,
- table service during meal times, including supporting the chef in the kitchen as required and cleaning down at the end of service,
- management of linens and chalet laundry,
- co-ordinating guest ski passes and equipment,
- providing insight to guests into the ski region,
- organising the booking of guest activities during their stay including massages and table bookings for chalet night off.
Other duties include:
- support set-up / close-down of the chalet at the beginning and end of the season,
- ensure an excellent standard of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained through-out the chalet, including a daily clean on 5 days plus a weekly change-over,
- resolution of basic DIY needs both in and around the chalet, including snow clearing as required, daily hot-tub maintenance and preparing kindling and laying and lighting the fire each evening,
- escalate issues to Rob and Vicky as appropriate.
Skills and capabilities profile
- established couple with experience in working together under pressure to maximize efficiency and the smooth running of the chalet.
- the chef must have previous experience producing high end food in a restaurant or chalet environment. They should hold a Level 2 Food Safety Certificate or equivalent.
- host must have front of house or hospitality experience or at least held roles in client-facing positions in their professional career.
- both should be committed to offering a high quality service in-line with the service offering of APASSION.
- have a high degree of attention for detail.
- excellent social skills and be comfortable building good customer relations with people of all age groups and walks of life.
- operate with professionalism at all times and remain calm under pressure.
- be comfortable to work flexible hours to meeting the requirements of the role
- hold an EU passport and / or a valid visa for working in France
- hold a clean driving licence valid in France and be at least 25 years old (for vehicle insurance)
- be available between mid-December 2015 to the end of April 2016
Salary & Benefits
- competitive salary based on previous experience
- end of season bonus based on performance and guest feedback
- live out accommodation
- full Grand Massif lift pass
- ski/board and boot hire
- travel to / from resort at the start and end of the season
- medical and accident insurance
- 2 weeks orientation and induction training
If you are interested in applying then please send a cv, 6 day menu plan and recent photo along with a covering email to firstname.lastname@example.org.